Sunday, March 7, 2010

In one of our groups last week we took some time to evaluate our walk with God, specifically to search our hearts and think about our sin. Afterwards as we began to share each girl began to share sin that we didn't even realize was affecting our lives! We began to see that our biggest sin in general was negligence....not ever setting aside time to deal with our hearts (which are desperately wicked) and seek God in repentance; confessing our sin to him, laying it at his feet, remembering his love and death that covers it. I mean how often to any of us do this?

This week our church is focusing on prayer and tonight was the kick-off worship night. Afterwards the pastor got up and quickly noticed that this week isn't just about praying but about dealing with our hearts and coming into a right relationship with God. This verse has been one of the most encouraging verses in the Bible to me and I have found it to be true over the past few years.

Acts 3:19
Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.

I would like to encourage you to take some time with your creator....start with repentance.

2 comments:

These Three Kings said...

Great Post! I am leading a group of girls through a book by Nancy Leigh Demoss called Seeking Him and this reminds me of that. Revival begins with humility, examination,and honesty before the LORD. Thank you for this charge.
Nicole

Holly said...

Thanks nicole...I guess you noticed I stalk your blog haha I'm so encouraged by what you guys are doing at common ground and always love to hear about it. I will have to check out that book.