Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Moving

To all of my wonderful supporters,
After I moved to USA last August I felt pretty strongly that I “knew my course,” and that course must be to stay on staff with Campus Outreach at USA. I was surprised last month as you may be surprised now to find out that due to many reasons Campus Outreach Gulf Coast at USA and LSU needed to close down. This was unexpected! This month I have taken time to evaluate where I am and what direction I should take next in life? I asked God to show me what He wanted. I began to see that God was leading me to stay with Campus Outreach. It’s neat now to see how HE has determined my steps! God has taught me so much this year at South Alabama. It really was a blessing for me to learn more about my relationship with God and just to remember, I truly do LOVE evangelism and discipleship with girls! I know that it is an IMMENSE privilege to get to do what I do full-time, and I must tell you again that I am so grateful that you make this privilege a reality for me right now.

As I have prayed through these things the past month or so, again the Lord has clearly directed my heart. I knew that if given the option, any day of the week I would keep doing what I am doing- but I also know as I mentioned that it will not be an option for me to stay at South Alabama. I had the opportunity to visit the ministry at the University of Montevallo recently and the pieces began to fall into place as the Lord put it on my heart. It seemed crazy to me at first, but as I have sought the Lord and counsel, it just seems to fit! Most of all through this time God has renewed my vision and faith in his heart to bring lost people into a relationship with him. I believe my investment (and yours as well) in college students is an investment in reaching the world for Christ as our desire is to equip laborers in college to influence the world for Christ. So I will still be doing the same things…just in a different place.

This semester I will continue to be on campus at South Alabama as I also seek to raise my support up to 100% (I have lost some supporters due to the economy). This summer South and Montevallo students will be on the same summer beach project (discipleship program) and I will begin the transition to Birmingham to start work at Montevallo! It is official!! I think that the campus will be a great fit for my strengths, and I’m excited to see what God has in store. This means that our big events (conferences and summer projects) will be with new schools– Troy, Samford, Montevallo, North Alabama, West Georgia and Berry College. I definitely want to keep you posted and ask for your prayers throughout this transition period! I will be calling you soon and would love to meet with you personally to discuss more if you would like. With Much THANKS and LOVE, Holly

0 comments: