Tuesday, December 15, 2009

News from Leah in France


My college friend Leah from Troy grew up in bible studies and discipleship groups with me throughout college. Her life as well as mine was shaped by Campus Outreach and what we learned about walking by faith in college. Here is a bit of a recent update from her...as I read her thoughts I completely sympathize! So I thought I'd share... Leah could definetly use your prayers as she seeks to share the gospel in France.

"I'd be lying if I told you that I have everything together. The definition of "missionary" for me, continues to be defined as "asking for grace and guidance from the Lord daily, because I have no idea what I'm doing & never cease to fail every time I rely on my own strength to do anything."

Thankfully, this verse has been particularly encouraging to me in this, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians12:9

Thank you LORD for your constant undeserved love for us!

Prayer Requests

-For the Lord to bring more opportunities to share the gospel & build friendships with: Amy, Sarah, Rebecca & Chloe.

-Our church's college ministry. We have several fun events coming up this month! Please pray that these would lead to informal spiritual conversations & the desire for constant fellowship with other believers.

-Language training. This area has been tough for me! Please pray that the Lord would bring a French Luminy student in my life to tutor me.

-A new pastor for the church plant of South Marseille.

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Phil. 1:3

Paul couldn't have said it better, I send my deepest gratitude for your constant prayers & support as I co-labor with you in Marseille. I pray that you & your family enjoy this holiday season as we celebrate our Savior.

Love from France,
Leah

1 comments:

Leah Williams said...

whoa, Holly! I was just scrolling my blog roll and saw a pic of me, and was like what?

you are totally and completely awesome! Thank you for sending my prayer requests out to your supporters!

Were in this together sister.

I LOVE YOU, YOU FABULOUS GIRL! And this prayer thing absolutely goes both ways.
<3 Leah