Sunday, June 28, 2009

Going to South Alabama!

Everybody I finally know which campus I will be laboring at.....South Alabama here I come!

I am excited to have a desitination and since knowing for sure where I am going I have grown more and more excited about what's next. Of course it is a new campus so there is a lot of unknown about doing ministry there but I can't wait to walk on campus for the first time and begin to get to know students.

I still have 500 a month left to raise but I'm praying that knowing where I am going will help me find some more partners who might potenitally have a heart for this specific school.

I am planning on spending the last week of July at the summer beach project in PCB. This is the last week of our discipleship training for the summer and both international teams (Students who went to Thailand and Brazil) will be returning this week to the beach project as well. They will put on a "world vision" rally for us to tell about their summers and encourage us to have a heart for the lost all over the world. Mainly this week we will be spending time with the students from each campus. So I will be spending time with the students from South Alabama as we evaluate and look back at what God has done in our lives and also where he is taking us as we move forward. We will be discussing plans for the fall with our student leaders and how we can continue to grow in our relationship wih God and keep community as well.

I am praying to be at 100% by the time I go to the SBP that week. This would enable me to be ready to go when school starts in August and will also give me time to look for a place to live. We will see what God has in store of course but wanted to share the news! Please keep praying for this time of transistion. Thanks so much!
~holly

1 comments:

Roybert said...

We are so excited for you, Holly!! :)