Monday, July 27, 2009

I have a plan....

"...a monthly spending plan. Shouldn't we all have one?" -Malerie Lee

I was recently visiting my friend Malerie in Troy. As we were talking the subject of finances came up and she began telling me about her recent success with the Dave Ramsey Total money MakeOver plan. She showed me the envelope system she had made with great excitement exclaiming that "I'm telling my money where to go instead of wondering where it went." For Malerie this system has allowed her to save, give, and has her well on her way to being completly debt free.

As I am starting with Campus Outreach this next month and gaining some more payments; rent, utilities, etc...I want to really be smart and take responsiblity for my life. I borrowed the "Total Money Makeover" from Malerie and have already set up my system seeing how this has helped thousands of others. I also like how simple the principles are and easy to follow.

I'm just getting started but I'm excited that I have a plan!

Dave's plan for getting out of debt is made of up seven "baby steps" that are aimed to keep you on track and prioritize the major financial management decisions that he says are key to getting ahead and building wealth throughout your life. The steps are short and sweet but not easy.

Here's a link to the steps online if you want to take a look! I recommend reading the book for a lot more insight and tips though!

7 Baby Steps

1 comments:

Roybert said...

Roy and I were using the Dave Ramsey method before I left AIM. It is great! We'll pick it back up once I have some income. haha