Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We Would See Jesus




This is like a book promotion I guess but also just to let you in on a few things I am learning personally!

I recently read this book and did the 11 week Bible Study along with it with my friend Hayley. It has strengthened my walk with God in so many ways and I would definetly recommend it if you are interested! The chapters are only a few pages long so it doesn't take up to much time. I found it on amazon.com for 1 cent!

The book takes it's title from some men who went up to Peter at a crowded feast and said , "Sir we just want to see Jesus."

No matter where we are in life this should be our desire! I like to underline the more meaningful passages and I found I was underlining the entire book. Each chapter of the book focuses on Jesus in different ways to show how he is the answer to our every need. The authors go straight to the heart of what is means to follow Jesus and seeing Him as all we need, as the truth, as the door, as the way, as the end and for others. Here are a few main things I pulled out from our study!

~Repentance and Refreshing! As I realize how quickly I drift away from God each day learning more about daily repenting to lead into a intimate time with him has been huge for me and is summed up in Acts 3:19 "therefore repent and return so that your sins may be wiped away in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."
~I desperately need Jesus and nothing else. I need I think I have is truly met in him.
~Our "I AM" one of my favorite parts of the study was a study on the names of God such as jehovah jireh (my provider) jehovah shalon (my peace) jehovah shammah (God who is there or present) and jehovah roi (my shephard). There were more but it was so great to study scripture and really soak in all of the things that God IS!

0 comments: