Monday, October 26, 2009

Contentment

Recently I went for a professional development day with other staff girls on different campuses for campus outreach. A lady named Colleen who was on staff in the 80s during the first years of the organization gave us some talks on different subjects and I learned so much! One of the talks she gave to us was on the subject of contentment.
Here is one of the most significant things I walked away with in how to worship God no matter what the circumstances are that I am in.

“Let me say I am here 1) by God’s appointment 2) in his keeping 3) under his training 4) for his time.”
-Robert J. Morgan in “Red Sea Rules”

Christ died to give us life and life abundantly so Colleen challenged us to remember in all circumstances to have the perspective of being here by his appointment, in his keeping, under his training, and for his time.

0 comments: